Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tuesday adventures in Spain

So I have no internet in the hotel, so I type out a blog on my ipod and upload it at class the next day, hence my limited posts and delay in events. But here is a little from Tuesday:


Well I am loving Barcelona more everyday! I would seriously move here if I could. The weather is unreal (today I ran in shorts and a t shirt in the sun!) people speak a lot more English, and there is so much to see and do!

Last night after dinner at Mussol, we tried to find a karaoke bar to entertain Alex's love of singing but instead found a small place with Valencia Water and a bartender that looked like a Spanish cher! It was a fun night!

This morning we had two classes on ethical leadership and we compared how the Spanish and Americans manage differently. The biggest difference is spain's emphasis on team work and how they focus on how things are done unlike Americans that care more about the end result! Although I'm tired in class, the subjects are interesting!

After class Courtney and I got sandwiches from the supermarket and went on a wonderful run through las rambles! It was a great afternoon.

We visited activa, a private non for profit that works with the city to attract entrepreneurs to Barcelona and also help students and professionals switching careers.


For dinner, Alex, Colton, and I went to Las Ramblas area and had a salad with chicken and seafood paella, traditional Spanish food. So good. After dinner, we had a relaxing evening at the hotel. I think I am coming down with a cold, so I´m trying to load up on my vitamins and get some more sleep. Only a few more days of my trip though, I can´t believe it! I am having the best time over here, and I really don´t want it to end yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment