Monday, January 30, 2012

Final nights in Spain!

Thursday and Friday

Thursday night was a last night out before we left Barcelona! We had dinner with Ana and a few classmates at 100 montados, a chain sandwich place in Spain. We then went out to the ice bar, which was a little bit of a let down for the high price but it was an experience I'll not forget being in a bar at -15 Celsius! 

Friday was a rough day as the lack of sleep really caught up with me. It was the first day I really wanted to be home in Cincinnati instead, which was good timing. Our Friday class was on leadership styles and team building, which was really cool. Our class managed to lift 18 of us through a hula hoop after working together and strategizing. It was a neat session! 

For lunch we returned to 100 montados (the salad and sandwiches were good and cheap!) and then I took a nap and ran before our last group dinner! It was a really bitterswet night! 

Matt, mike, tamaya, Mallory, Melissa, Colton, Courtney and I got dinner at bar lobo off las ramblas. it was the perfect last meal. We shared tapas and reminisced about our favorite stories before we all parted ways!

 I'm going to miss our group here so much! I'll never be able to travel with new people for a month again! The friendships I made here will last, but it's inevitable that a lot of us won't see each other on a regular basis... A lot are even leaving Cincinnati in June! I cherish the special times together though! No one else besides our class will fully understand how awesome this trip of a lifetime really was! I can't even express how remarkable the month has been. 

One final day in Paris on Saturday! I'm really exhausted and home sounds so great right now, but I can muster up the energy to see the Eiffel tower again! It should be a nice way to end the journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment