Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pizza Pinot and E. Leclerc

Last night turned out to be a very fun Friday the 13th, which is actually a lucky day in France! We were told to play the lotto, but I saved my euros!

Our group had a lovely dinner at Pizza Pinot, although I chose the salmon option. We had wine, dessert, salad, bread, and potato chips (as an appetizer!) as well. It's going to be culture shock when I return to the States and don't have a 3-4 course meal every time I dine out!

We then headed to Bernard's nephew's bar. It was a lot of fun. They are known for their rum shots, so we tried a few of those flavored rums. They also had Delirium beer, which is my all-time favorite bar that I visited in Brussels 2 years ago! I was excited to have the Belgian beer again!

This morning Courtney and I slept in and then went with Bernard and Christiane shopping. It was very crowded as it was the first Saturday of the sales. We went in a few Spanish clothing stores and then stopped at E. Leclerc. It is a hypermarket, somewhat similar to a Sam's Club or Walmart, carrying food and many other types of products. It was different though that it was situated inside a shopping mall. That is something you wouldn't find in America. I got a straightener, so my hair will finally look decent in some pictures!! I was so excited for that purchase! Courtney and I also loved the parking lot. It counted the cars coming and going and had a ticker with the exact number of spots open before you entered!

When we got home, we had a lovely lunch of pork with mushrooms, mashed potatoes, red wine, and a king cake! Courtney found the prize and was the king! At least she can buy the next cake ;)

We relaxed this afternoon after a short run. I am trying to work on my first paper due this Monday for one of our classes, but it's hard to be in the academic state of mind!

We are meeting some of our friends for dinner at Le Capitole tonight. Tomorrow we are having our family's friend, who also hosts 2 girls from Cincinnati, over for lunch. It's been a very nice weekend in Toulouse so far!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh such an amazing weekend, Rachel!!! :) Glad you got a straightener! And when I was in France, our neighborhood grocery store (Carrefour- also a hypermarket) was in a shopping mall, too! So different!

    ReplyDelete