Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's here!

Today is the day! I am 99% packed, and yes, the suitcase currently does zip up and meets my 44 lb. limit. Shocking!

Besides the temporary anxiety attack I had this afternoon (when I realized I had a 6-8 page paper due at 9:45 a.m. that I was not aware of), I am remaining fairly calm. My family and friends all met for dinner at one of my favorite hometown restaurants, LaRosa's. It was really nice to have everyone together before I departed on the big journey ahead! There is irony in the fact that we went to a Cincinnati Italian restaurant, and in a few hours, I'll have 3 full days of amazing, authentic Italian cuisine!

I have a pre-departure meeting with my class at 9:45, then I'm headed to the airport at 3:00. My flight from CVG to Paris leaves at 5:40.... this is all too real now!

I am full of so much excitement, anticipation, and nerves that I will probably not sleep much tonight. But, I've packed plenty of Benadryl for the flight!

17 hours to go!

Europe, here I come!!

1 comment: