Wednesday, January 11, 2012

French sales in Albi!

Today our class visited the city of Albi about an hour outside of Toulouse. It also happened to be the first day of the national sales in France! We started the morning with a guided tour of the medieval town and it's beautiful cathedral modeled after a fortress! The church was built in the 13th century and the entire church is filled with original paintings on brick from the 15th century! It was a spectacular sight!

After our tour and a delicious sit down meal of steak and lemon tart with the group, we were free for the afternoon! Considering the sales started today, it was not a question of how I'd fill my time!

I went into the day with the mentality that I wanted French clothing, and I had a decent amount to spend, and I succeeded. 120 or so euros and 3 hours later, I bought many scarves, jeans (in a mysterious European size), 2 dresses, a belt, top, jewelry, perfume, and a new leopard suitcase to take it all home in! I probably outdid everone's shopping today, but I'm very happy with my deals! And I have lots of souvenirs for the States.

We ended the evening with a salad from tutti pizza and a French showing j Edgar. It was a fun day with our class. Tomorrow is all lecture then a happy hour with the French American association. Looking forward to all the upcoming events with our group! Our tome in Toulouse is flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment