Saturday, January 7, 2012

Goodbye Rome, Hello France!

I finished my Roman trip with a run to the Colloseum on my last morning in Italy. I was sad to leave the city, but cannot wait to return again very soon!

Our journey on the cheap airline, EasyJet, was very painless! We were expecting problems with our luggage weight or number of carry-ons, but I'm glad we had no major problems.

We arrived in our hotel in Toulouse a few hours ago, and my group from Italy explored the town a little. It is very quaint and quiet, unlike Rome. It's refreshing to see cheap supermarkets on the street corner instead of street vendors selling knock off handbags. The switch in languages is fairly difficult. I want to say "gratzie" to everyone I buy something from, but then I switch to "merci". There are also many more people who do not speak any English here, so I will have to learn some survival French fast!

Our group is meeting for dinner before we meet our host families tomorrow. The irony is that they chose an Italian restaurant... ha. As if I have not had enough pasta and pizza this week!

I'm very excited to meet my family tomorrow! Study abroad officially starts now!

No comments:

Post a Comment