Thursday, January 26, 2012

As time winds down...

Wednesday was another great day in Spain. The Spainish class was much better than our French classes in Toulouse. We finished class at 4, and I ran near the Arc. I found the neatest park during my run near the Parlaiment. Running in new cities is one of my new favorite things to do!

A large group of our class went to the Barcelona-Madrid game, which is like the super bowl of soccer apparently. I on the other hand did not feel the need to spend 150 euros on a soccer game, so some of us went to a good dinner near the square and watched the game at a local Irish bar. We met some Americans that are here in Barcelona for a conference, and the atmosphere during the game was unreal. Experiencing the Spanish excitement from the locals was cool enough for me!

Today (Thursday) we had an interesting lecture on the art industry in Barcelona, and we discussed how the city is constantly redifining itself and how they need to move forward as this city with great business potential and an unreal nightlife. Interesting discussion.

During our break, we visited La Sagrada Familia, one of the most famous landmarks in the city. The church has been under construction for hundreds of years, and it is in one of the top 5 churches I have ever visited. It was beautiful, with grand high ceilings and a mixture of new and old features. So awesome! We even got to take an elevator ride to one of the towers!

Tonight we are going to the Ice Bar, which is something you can only do in a few places around the world! I´m looking forward to one of my last nights with the group!

No comments:

Post a Comment