Thursday, January 12, 2012

My favorite night thus far

Tonight was the most amazing night of Toulouse so far! We had a full day of classes, which weren't too bad. They focused on French (which is going terrible for me), Finance in Europe (which was basically review), and questions and answers on the E.U., which was very interesting.

After class, I returned home, went for an evening run and then got ready for our class' happy hour with the France/ U.S. Association Happy Hour. It was so much fun! Bernard came with Courtney and I, and we had a few drinks with our friends and host dad! It was a great night!

The night got even better as Bernard invited over Melissa and Mallory to our home for dinner afterwards. we shared red wine, delicious soup, endives salad, and coffee yogurt for dinner! It was the perfect meal with great conversation and country music. Courtney and I had so much fun learning about our friends' lives and enjoying good wine and food together!

Tomorrow we have a short day of class and then are hiking with our family! It should be so much fun! Tomorrow evening we are going to a pizza place with the Association and our class, followed by a trip to Bernard's nephew's bar! It is known for its rum drinks! I am so excited!

Toulouse is amazing so far! I could seriously stay here for months! The time is flying by, as I already have said, but it's so true! I feel so at home here, despite knowing absolutely no French. Our family and the great group of students is making this a terrific experience! And, we still have over two weeks together! Yay for the weekend! Lots more good stories to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment