Monday, January 23, 2012

Me amo barcelona!!

I love Barcelona! This has to be one of the best weekends of my life! I loved France, but Spain is seriously amazing! 

We left Toulouse Saturday morning at 9 and it was definitely hard to say goodbye to Bernard and Christiane! 

By 2, all 25 of us were checked in to hotel Barcelona! I went running and explored the city with mike, Mallory, and Melissa, which was so much fun. We found the Arc here and soaked up the warm weather. We were able to run in shorts and see palm trees!! 

For dinner, a group of us had tapas near the Arc and then we all went near the mediterranean sea as a group! Such a fun night! 

This morning about 11 of us took a bus tour of the city and explored the beach! I had so much fun! The city is gorgeous, I am with terrific people, and I ran into the Mediterranean Sea today! Have i died and went to heaven? Such a surreal trip so far!  

The Spanish language is awesome too. I can actually read menus and say basic phrases in stores! What a relief! 

I am still processing how amazing this trip has been so far! Unfortunately classes resume tomorrow, but I hope to still do more exploring in the evenings! I'm so bummed I only have a week left! But I'll make the most of my time remaining! 

No comments:

Post a Comment