Monday, January 30, 2012

Paris in a day!

Paris was a great decision! I was apprehensive that the layover was going to drag the trip on too long and be a hassle, but Colton and I saw all the major landmarks and found a good hostel to get a solid night's sleep before our final journey home.


After we landed, we navigated the train pretty well and got off the subway with a fantastic view of Notre Dame! What a rejuvenating experience to energize us for the rest of the day! We then saw the Arc and had lunch off Champ Elysées at a small, quaint restaurant.

Midafternoon, we found a hostel in Montmarte and went inside Sacre Cour, which is no longer my favorite Church after seeing St. Peters and Sangrada Familia! I love the church visits though!

To complete the day, we went to the Eiffel Tower after dark and walked the steps to the 2nd floor! It was an awesome experience! Especially since I didn't go up last time! We then watched it twinkle at 9 and finally had our last European meal at an Italian restaurant near Moulin Rouge! I really enjoyed my extra day in Paris!

This trip has exceeded all my expectations! It's going to be a huge culture shock to go back to my normal life, but I'll adjust soon enough! The trip gave me so many valuable experiences and a new appreciation for other cultures, and I'll never forget that. The month in Europe was one of the most life changing, awesome things I'll ever do and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to study abroad! Now I can only start my scrap book and count down until the next epic trip I plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment