Monday, January 7, 2013

...and I'm off to explore again!

It has been one year exactly since my Study Abroad trip. One year ago today, I flew into Toulouse, joined my class of 25 on our adventure of a lifetime, and met my memorable host family that I still keep in contact with.

I am happy to announce, I leave on my next Europe trip a week from today! On January 14, I will be on my way to Ireland!

This is my third trip to Europe trip. In 2010, I traveled to Belgium and Paris. Last January, I was lucky enough to visit Rome, Toulouse, Barcelona, and Paris. And next week, I will be exploring the country of Ireland with three friends!

How this trip came about is probably the most comical part- through a Groupon. I have been called the Groupon Queen before... this purchase is probably a large reason why.

Our potential itinerary at this point:

Attractions that are included in our tour package:
McGill’s Pub – near our hotel, the Ritz Carlton at Powerscourt Estate!!!
Waterford Crystal Factory Exhibition – Waterford City
Cliffs of Moher & Atlantic Edge – Clare County
Guiness Storehouse- St James Gate – Dublin
Jameson Distillery Tour- Dublin
Kilkenny Castle – Kilkenny
TUESDAY - January 15th
- arrive at Dublin airport, pick up our rental car, and drive to our first hotel, the Dromoland Castle on the West coast.
- possibly stop at the Bunratty Castle (rated #2 on TripAdvisor things to see!)      
- Limerick is also very close to Bunratty Castle
 
Look at the Castle I get to sleep in! Just like my apartment in Cincinnati...
 
 
WEDNESDAY - January 16th
- Cliffs of Moher (1 hour from Dromoland Castle)
o Adare/Limerick is known as one of the most picturesque towns in Ireland - and it doesn't disappoint according to my research. At the Adare Manor, their afternoon tea in the library is perfect after touring their grounds. One of the best apparently!
 
Look how amazing it is!
 
THURSDAY- January 17th
- If we run out of time for Limerick, we may stop there in the morning
- Drive to Dublin
- Arrive at our final hotel, the Ritz Carlton Powerscourt Estate
– Explore the town and go to McGill’s Pub for dinner
 
 
This is our hotel- the Ritz! Ahh
 
FRIDAY– January 18th
-Jameson Distillery
-Guinness Storehouse
- Vicking Tour possibly
SATURDAY - January 19th
-Kinsale or Cork for the day (3 hours away but ranked #1 city to visit!)
SUNDAY- January 20th
-Kilkenny Castle (1.5 hours)
- or explore Dublin further!
 
 
I cannot wait to leave! Ireland is one of my top countries on my bucket list... and it is happening. SO SOON! More planning and packing details to come this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment