Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Two Weeks to Go

14 days, 8 days of work, and 2 weekends stand in between me and my month abroad!!

Reality is setting in that my time to prepare is dwindling. I have so much to do, and time is against me. Somehow the bags will get packed though. I am more weary about the time with my friends and family in Cincinnati that I will be missing in January. I have to keep reminding myself of the awesome experiences I will have in Europe. These memories will last a lifetime, and I have many more months with friends in Cincinnati after returning.

The good news about my preparations: hostel in Rome booked, new camera and electronics ordered, and I've heard from my awesome host family.

I will be staying at Alessandro in Rome. It has a bar and a pretty neat atmosphere from the website: http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Hostel-Alessandro-Palace-and-Bar/Rome/753?source=adwordsromenames&kid=451063&aid=2&gclid=CLmop-uHkq0CFULAKgod9Hx0nw 
One of the hostel rooms

The hostel bar!

My four friends and I are in a mixed room for 8. It should be an experience! I'm just looking forward to the Italian experience in general. So much planning to do... or maybe we will be spontaneous when we get there!

Ebay has been my best friend the past few weeks. I now have a camera that flashes (something I previously did not own), an iPod charger for European wall sockets, and adaptors! I am hoping I have covered all the bases!

And finally the best news of the week: I found out my host family! I got a very welcoming message from my host dad on facebook, and he even met my cousin who studied abroad a few years ago (what a small world). The most exciting part too is that my current roommate is at the same home!! We could not be happier. It will make packing and adjusting to a foreign lifestyle much easier.

The next few weeks will be a whirlwind, but only 14 days until I start the adventure of a lifetime. Europe: here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh only fourteen days?!!! That is seriously so little time!

    PS SO happy you have a functioning camera again.

    ReplyDelete